Free dental health checks
What does a dental health check involve? Our free dental health check is with one of our nurses, and will include:
- A full dental health assessment
- Dental health recommendations (including diet and lifestyle changes)
- Recommendations for veterinary treatment if needed
- Answering any dental related questions you may have.
Who can attend a free dental health check?
The free dental health check is available to all pets.
Please note that we always check the dental health of your pet during annual vaccination appointments and 6-month health checks. Should you have any concerns please book a free dental health check with one of our nurses.
Why does my pet need a dental health check?
7 out of 10 pets over the age of three suffer from dental problems.
What are the signs of poor oral health?
- Persistent bad breath
- Sensitivity around mouth
- Loss of appetite
- Difficulty eating and chewing food
- Pawing at mouth
- Loose or missing teeth
- Bleeding, inflamed or receding gums
- Tartar (creamy-brown hard material on teeth).
If your pet is showing any of these signs then you should book them in for a free dental health check. If untreated, poor dental health can lead to:
- Bad breath
- Tooth loss
- Heart, liver and kidney disease.
It is important to remember that pets with dental pain may not show obvious signs and they frequently maintain a normal appetite.
Further information on dental care for your pet can be found here.